Gramps Pre-Season Prognostigations - The AAA Division I league

 Per my introduction, prognostications are based upon a mathematical equation that includes returning player VPS, defensive point differential, points allowed, and returnee scoring.  The result of this equation is an estimate of the winning percentage for this coming year.

Included in the statistics are the projected overall record and estimated team rating.  Where indicated, I have listed the PrepHoops Missouri player rankings.  I do not try to assess player abilities.... you can get a great analysis at PrepHoops Missouri by Earl Austin Jr.  

I work with statistics that predict future success.  For each team, I look at the players returning, their statistics coaching, past success, and why I think the model prediction is on target for this coming year.

VPS is a highly correlated player value score for how that individual player will do on the basketball court.  Players with great Value Player Scores are not born, they are made through individual effort, training sessions, coaching, and lots of hard work.  WORK = SUCCESS (VPS).  The more your work, the better you become as a player.

VPS team ratings correlate highly with the team's winning percentage.   I want to put a positive spin on team prognostications, but in some cases, low VPS ratings indicate poor on-court performance and result in poor team records.  There is no intent to demean, but often statistics speak for themselves.

Disclaimer:  I used the St. Louis Post Dispatch team rosters and statistics from the previous season.  Some players may transfer to other schools.  When I am aware of those transfers, I will indicate so.  If you see a significant player that has transferred or an up-and-comer that is entering high school, let me know and I will repost with an adjusted analysis. 

Thank you to Coach Jeremy Osborne at Tolton for supplying me with team statistics that were not available on the P-D high school team page.  I appreciate the trust coaches put in me to handle their statistics with fair assessments.

The AAA Division I League Analysis:

Revised 9/26/2021 9:30pm

I have revised Cardinal Ritter's analysis with the transfer of Kristian Davis from Christian OFallon.  Ritter will be even tougher to beat with Davis scoring 500 points.

Two of the best teams in Missouri, Cardinal Ritter and Father Tolton, battle it out for bragging rights in this league.  










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022