Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Girl's Class six Basketball ratings - 01/03/2022

 "Ah, Finally", they say.  Gramps has been doing all these boy's polls and neglected the girls!  I guess I might not be the only one neglecting the girl's basketball in Missouri.  These gals work just as hard as the boys and play great basketball but the boys always seem to get the majority of the press.  Maybe that is changing when you have a national-caliber team like Incarnate Word that just destroys area teams.

Depending on which Poll you look at, Incarnate Word is darn good.  No, not darn good, damn great,  winning by an average of nearly 40 points per game, scoring 68, and giving up 29 points each game on average.  ESPN had the Red Knights ranked at #21 in a mid-December poll.  

In that same link, ESPN has an article about Christine Grant, a long-time proponent of the Title IX initiative, which gave girls a chance at playing sports back in the 1970s, that most high schools had devoted to boys only.   According to the article, "She gave the opportunity to thousands upon thousands of girls to enjoy and benefit from participating in athletics," Bluder said in a statement. "Without Dr. Grant's commitment and efforts to gender equality, girls and women would not be able to experience the benefit of sport the way we know it today."  This will date me, but I remember the girl's sports programs were under a Girl's Athletic Association (GAA) and were limited to intramural tennis, basketball, and badminton, or some such "sport".  There were not glitzy uniforms either.  It was a tee shirt and shorts with the GAA emblem on them.  No school uniforms and I don't even remember if they played other schools.

But I digress.  I wanted to post my first Missouri Girl's basketball poll and I do not recall any boys or girls team that has been so dominant in my rankings.  There was usually a CBC or Vashon or Kickapoo or Liberty team that might be 5 or 10 rating points better than the next team, but never 20 points better than the rest of the state!  So rating class six Missouri girls is a no-brainer.  The Red Knights are number #1, even if MaxPreps has them as 13th in the nation but #2 behind Hickman in Missouri.  Now, #2 through #62 might be up for discussion, but I doubt if anyone is going to message me on Incarnate Word.  Of course, there are some great teams in classes four and five also and I will get to them shortly.

If you do see a discrepancy in my ratings, positive feedback is welcomed but please provide a link or score.  There are cases where a team is rated higher than an opponent they lost to but the ratings are about the entire season and their rating indicates a better record across multiple games.  My Motto is "Make New Mistakes" but I have been known to make mistakes over and over again.

I will continue to pour over class five to one on both the boys and girls and provide ratings for each as I feel comfortable.  I need at least three to five game comparisons to get a good rating.  Ten or twelve games make an even more robust ranking.  Expect updated ratings in about two weeks.

Here are the Missouri Girl's class six ratings.  I have listed the schools by district below the overall ratings.   You can find the boy's class six HERE:


Here are the Girl's class six by districts.  The strongest districts are districts five and seven, but then, there is great talent across the state. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021