Gramps Braggin Rights Boys Basketball Pre-'season Prognostications - GAC South Conference 9/26/2021

Corrected 9/26/2021 9:30pm


 I had a delightful message from a class five boys coach in the North Kansas City area, raving about my statistical model for winning percentage.  He has coached the team for the past three years with a progression of 4, 6, and 13 wins in those first three years.  He is changing the culture and he is a fanatic about using team and individual statistics to analyze where the team needs more work.  His efforts seem to be paying off and he is even more excited about this coming year.  I might have more on how he is making a difference in a future blog.

I normally would not do this for anyone, but he charmed me into analyzing his team this coming year.  I went back and looked at his first two years and came close to predicting his actual record.  This coming year could possibly project for 16 wins.  I hope they actually come close to that projection.  I might have to charge for other coaches' requests. LOL

One of my grandsons told me I was pretty brutal with a couple of analyses.  Statistics tell a story and sometimes there is no good way to deliver bad news.  But then, it doesn't have to be that way.  You don't have to accept an elderly statistical pundit.  Go out and prove him wrong.  If your team gets outrebounded by 10 or 15 rebounds a game, spend more time on boxing out drills.  Rebounding is half height and the rest is attitude.  The top rebounder on Eureka last year was little 6' Luke Laudel.  Not because there weren't taller guys hitting the boards, it was because he went to where the ball would come off the rim or backboard.  He wanted the rock.

Your team shoots 25% from three.  Not an easy fix but if you take 500 shots a day in the fall, I bet your three-point percentage goes up.  How many guys are in the gym right now?  If your team was 6-18 or 2-23, November 1st is not the time to get ready.  What can you do to make your team better?  Skills and drills will hike up your VPS.  Work = Success.

So don't get mad at my analysis.  Go work on your individual skills today.  It's almost too late in November.

Players are made in the off-season.

Here are my analyses for GAC South.  Look for Troy to make a run at the South conference title but Coach Agbo might surprise with an inexperienced Howell group.  Note, I corrected the Fort Zumwalt West analysis for the transfer of Raynard Horry from Christian OFallon.

All the conference links are right HERE:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021