Suburban Yellow Conference - Girls high school basketball prognostications 10/20/2021

 I have spent the last two months studying boys conferences in the St. Louis Area.  Somewhere's along the way, I wondered if the winning % prediction equation would work for girls, as well as the boys.  I had used the Eureka boys 22-year history to evaluate the boys winning % equation and decided to look at the Eureka girls team to validate the equation.

Well, it did not work.  The model did not predict strong winning seasons and very weak losing seasons.  It was like kissing my sister, I just did not get any vibe out of it.  So I trashed the boy's winning % equation and spent some time developing a new equation for the girls.  And after careful evaluation and many iterations of the components (VPS, point differential, defensive points allowed and returnee scoring), I think I have something that works.

So given the new equation, I set about to evaluate the toughest girls conference in St. Louis, the Yellow conference.  Webster Groves edged out Marquette for the Yellow title last year (if you can call a 23 point blow-out, edging) and I think those two teams will fight it out again.  Parkway North, Eureka and, possibly Ladue, have an outside chance of winning the conference.  Kirkwood should get back on track after a bad 6-18 record (they averaged 22 wins per season until last year) and hopefully the Hazelwood Central should get it going too.

Note: if you see a player has transferred in or out of the Yellow League.  DM and I will change the sumary.

Check out Suburban Red Girls right HERE.

Here's the Yellow St. Louis Suburban Conference outlook:






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021