Kansas City Boys Basketball Suburban Red Predictions - 11/25/2021

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

As I mentioned in my first KC posting, I started to put the St. Louis Area boys teams together starting in August and was contacted by Coach Eric Bennaka, of Smithville, after he saw the statistics-based prediction model I was doing.  He asked about Smithville's prognostication for 2021-2022 and I sent him my analysis.  Since then, I have gone over several KC Suburban boys leagues and a few KC independent schools.

For those unfamiliar with my work, I rated all classes of both the Missouri boys and girls basketball teams last year and then predicted about 80% of the winners throughout the playoffs.  The ratings include about 550 boys and 530 girls teams.  I will start those ratings again soon.

I put together a prediction model based upon VPS, point differential, defensive points allowed, and percent return scoring.  You can find an explanation HERE.  With this mathematical model, I have analyzed each of the KC Red teams using info from the KC HS Hoops website.  Some players have transferred schools and I have noted that but there may be some I am not aware of.  Some teams did a horrible job of reporting statistics so those predictions are seat-of-the-pants.  

Next spring, I will look over the season win-loss records and know how good or how bad my formula was but for now, you can look over the stats and make your own predictions.

Here is the second of four blog posts, starting with the KC Suburban Red.  I hope you enjoy.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021