Gramp's Braggin Rights Missouri Girls Class 2 Basketball ratings - 1/06/2022

 After posting the class six Missouri girls basketball ratings, I opted to drop down to class two.  Why would I do that, you might ask?  Well, there is a certain fella down in Alton, Missouri who has kept in contact with me all summer, keeping me up to speed on their AAU boys team and I told him I would post class two next if he would retweet the class six boys and girls.  And he did retweet the ratings so I am posting the class two girls and, eventually, get to class two boys in a few days.

There are some really good class two girls teams and the Missouri Basketball Coaches Poll has, for the most part, put the best teams in the top ten but they have missed a couple too.  Coaches, don't overlook North Platte, New Haven and Salisbury, next time you vote.

One of the things that slaps me in the face, when I do the ratings, is the disparity between teams in these smaller classes.  I mean, score differentials of 70, 80, 90 points and I wonder how that makes the losing team feel to lose a game 95-7 or something like that?  And it isn't just one game, as I look down the record for an 1-10 or 0-12 team, they are getting beat routinely night after night by 25, 40, sometimes 60 points.  

That kind of losing has to hurt, right?  

It might sting to lose basketball games, but are there life lessons in this experience?  Darn tootin', as my Grandmother used to say!  A few that come to mind are:

  • "Do your best when no one is looking. If you do that, then you can be successful in anything that you put your mind to". Bob Cousy
  • "Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise". Kobe Bryant
  • "I believe that good things come to those who work". Wilt Chamberlain
  • "Commitment separates those who live their dreams from those who live their lives regretting the opportunities they have squandered". Bill Russell.
  • "Work=Success"
  • "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
Enough pontificating.  

If you missed the posts on class six boys and girls, check them out through the links.
Class six girls are HERE:
Class six boys are HERE:

Here are the Missouri class two girls ratings, followed by the class two girls by district.  If you are a class two coach, don't forget to take these ratings along for your next tournament seeding or district seeding meeting.



 and here are the ratings sorted by district.  District 5 and 9 look to be the toughest districts to get out of right now:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021