Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One ratings - 1/12/2022

 As I crank through and post more Missouri boys and girls basketball ratings, I often get feedback, both positive and negative.  I guess you need to develop a thick skin if you do this type of thing.  It's not just the fans for top teams.  The most vocal fans are sometimes the fans or coaches of class one or two teams that are in the middle or bottom of the ratings.

Yesterday and this morning, I had four responses to Tweets that hit home, several very helpful, one a slap in the face:

Reader Garrett Weaver asked if I used an API or did I manually enter data?  What's an API, you ask?  Well, an API is an acronym for Application Programming Interface which would be a mechanism to populate the rating algorithm with basketball game scores automatically.  I imagine you could dump a HTML newspaper link (or copy and paste) that contains scores and it would automatically place these scores in the appropriate team rating.  Everything recalculates and all I do is post the results.  I would love that but this is Gramps Braggin Rights and its me and myself, pouring over sometimes partial MSHSAA scoreboard or Ozark basketball scores by hand and entering them painstakingly into a large boys and girls Excel spreadsheet.  I like Garrett's idea and maybe someone will step up and offer me assistance on that project.

A high school reader (who should go unnamed) told me "Next time look before you make the rankings." Wow, that hurt. I do look and I often miss games because coaches have not reported scores to the source I am looking at. My response was "That isn't helpful at all. If you ranked 1100 teams, you would find you miss a few, too. Give me specifics that will help the rankings or don't post." I continue to stress, if you don't like where a team is ranked, list the scores that would change their rating. This young man, a D-1 recruit in track and cross country, should be aware that college coaches look at your social media and if they don't like what they see, they move on to other recruits. My advice is "Think before you Tweet".

Eric Ingram, Halfway assistant coach, sent me the kind of feedback I need. He responded with "Bolivar beat Ozark by 20 yet their 9 spots behind them?? And Willard twice the last time by 20+ and their 12 spots behind them?" MSHSAA scoreboard and the MSHSAA Bolivar schedule did not list all of those games, so Eric's feedback allowed me to recalculate and repost a revised class five boys ratings.

This morning, Coach Betts sent me a Tweet "Go ahead and recalculate! Them Nade BoyzHundred points symbol" after Chaminade defeated De Smet 82-79 last night. I had De Smet about 12 rating points higher that Nade but the ratings are dynamic and a 10 point difference in ratings is going to be a close game. Last night, Francis Howell upset Webster and Priory beat MICDS so the ratings change quickly. I love to see the upsets (maybe they aren't upsets) and YES, Coach Betts, I will be recalculating the St. Louis area team ratings, just as soon as I get to class one boys and girls done.

So, after all that, here are the Missouri Class One boy's ratings. South Iron is a pre-eminent favorite. They were great last year but they are just very good this year. I have talked about their legacy several times HERE and HERE. They look to win another state title but Bunker and Mound City will have something to say in March. It will be a lot closer than last year's run to the class one title.

I enjoy checking out class one as much as class six but the difference between the top teams and bottom teams is even greater in class one than class six. CBC is probably 70 points better than the bottom class six team (excluding new school North Point) but the top class one teams are nearly 100 points better than the bottom teams in the class. It is just as fun for me to see how two teams rated a 40 in class one actually fare when they compete, as it is to see how CBC and Chaminade fare when they meet.

You can find other classes in the links below, but remember, these are yesterday's news. The ratings change daily, but I just can't keep up unless someone has an API to offer up. LOL

If you missed the recent posts on boys and girls ratings, check them out through these links.
Class six girls are HERE:
Class six boys are HERE:
Class two girls are HERE:
Class two boys are HERE:
Class five boys are HERE:
Class five girls are HERE:


District 16 is the strongest in class one with Mound City and Platte Valley/South Nodaway/Jefferson Conjunction (or whatever you want to call them) but the top teams of class one is South Iron and Bunker in district 3. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021