Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Five Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021

 Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Five Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021

As I stated earlier, I am not fully caught up on all teams in all classes but with district seeding meetings (some have already occurred) and tournaments right around the corner, I am posting what I have.  

The class five and six boys and girls both deal with super districts this year.  With the number of districts cut in half from 16 to 8, there will be more competition and a longer district tournament.  Winners go directly to the state quarterfinals.

Here are the Class five boys ratings by district and my comments about each district:

District 1: Cape Central seems to have the inside track on this title.

District 2:  I expect the Statemen defense to cool off the hot three-point shooters of Vianney but there is that remote possibility that the Golden Griffins prevail.

District 3:  A very tough district with Ritter, De Smet, and Westminster Academy but I expect the Spartans and Wildcats will battle in the championship game and it might go OT.  Flip a coin, pull names out of a hat.  If you pushed me, I would take Westminster but I wouldn't put money on it.

District 4: St. Dominic dominates a weak district.

District 5: The games in this tight district, leading up to the championship, will be competitive and nail biters.  Springfield Catholic is my champion pick.

District 6: Some polls have Bolivar as #1 in the state but Parkview is my favorite.  Bolivar or Webb City are dark horse favorites.

District 7: Helias was my favorite but hasn't looked good of late.  Jeff City or Ruskin looks tough too.  I will go with Ruskin.

District 8:  Coach Bennaka of Smithville indicated the seeding meeting will be as intense as the play on the court.  Platte County is the favorite but any of the top four could win.  Hope you use Gramps ratings to decide those seeds, Coach.

Want other classes?

Missouri Girl’s Ratings by Class and District

Class One   Class Two  Class Three  Class Four  Class Five  Class Six

 Missouri Boy’s Ratings by Class and District

Class One  Class Two  Class Three   Class Four  Class Five  Class Six



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021