Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Basketball Class three ratings - 1/22/2022

 I just "finished" up Missouri class three boys basketball ratings.  When I say "finished", I think of the cute little sign my wife hung in the bathroom long ago that said, "the job's not finished until the paperwork is done".   I will never actually be finished with basketball ratings.  On some nights, there are 150 to 200 games in the state and while I try to capture as many as possible, I do not.  That reminds me of Yoda telling Luke, "There is no Try.  Do or Do Not!"  So Yoda, I am pretty certain, I do not capture every score.

The other problem with ratings is the conundrum of parity within a district or conference.  Take the Metro Catholic Conference with Christian Brothers, Chaminade, De Smet, SLUH, and Vianney (well, at least the first four).  Just this past week, SLUH beat Chaminade, Chaminade beat De Smet and CBC, CBC beat De Smet and Chaminade and De Smet beat SLUH.  How do you rate all those results?  If I put one team ahead of the others, I get flack from a lot of loyal fans.  But I will get to that pickle early next week with my St. Louis Metro ratings.  You have to have thick skin to rate teams and I am rather like Marty McFly in Back to the Future.  Call me "Chicken" and I am purtty thin-skinned.  LOL

The other fly in the ointment is covid and what it does to the ratings but we seem to be making it through the season, despite teams being short-handed.  Just don't get sick, if you can help it.  Please stay safe.  Mask up, vaccinate, boost, and don't end up on a ventilator.

So back to Class three.... I took a peek at the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association rankings and most of the same teams are in the mix.  If I were Saxony Lutheran, Kingston or Portageville, I would be complaining to the MBCA about their omissions.

You can argue all you want about whether Charleston or Thayer is really number one or maybe even Monroe City.  We probably will not find out until state play-offs.  Enjoy the ratings.  The difference between the two teams is the spread.  

I still have Girls Class Three before I am "finished" and then I will be focusing on the top 20 or 30 teams in each class the rest of the year.  I will post all teams in a class but you might not see much change at the bottom of the food chain because I will only update their rating if they play a top 30 team.  Such is life.  We focus on winners but then, if you are playing for a high school basketball team, you are already a winner.

If you missed the recent posts on boys and girls ratings, check them out through these links.
Class six girls are HERE:
Class six boys are HERE:

Class two girls are HERE:
Class two boys are HERE:

Class five boys are HERE:
Class five girls are HERE:

Class one boys are HERE:
Class one girls are HERE:

Class four girls are HERE:
Class four boys are HERE:



Here are the class three boys by the district.  Districts 10 and 11 are the tough ones this year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021