Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Girls Class three ratings - 01/27/2022

 Finally!

Some of you have been patiently awaiting Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Girls Class three ratings.  I hope the wait will be worth it.  While I sometimes am critical of the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association poll, the class three coaches are very attuned to the top ten or twenty teams.... much of those same teams show up in my mathematical model of class three.  In fact, the top five or six are in the same order!

I don't mean to slight the MBCA polls so much as to make coaches aware of teams that belong in their top ten but have not been noticed.  I am sure it is hard to keep track of all of the great teams in your class but these coaches have their finger on the pulse of Class Three.

It is a busy day for me so I will not go off, waxing poetic about some basketball-related topic.  As a game statistician, I have to score JV and varsity high school games at 4:30 and 6pm tonight and then a college game at 7:30pm.  Without the wonders of live-streaming, I wouldn't get through that schedule.

I will circle back on both Missouri boys' and girls' overall ratings (all classes) and update each class again in a couple of weeks, assuming I am not incapacitated by a scheduled surgery on February 7th.  At my age, nothing seems simple anymore.

I will be focusing on the top 20 or 30 teams in each class for the rest of the year.  I will post all teams in a class but you might not see much change at the bottom of the food chain because I will only update their rating if they play a top 30 team.  Such is life.  We focus on winners but then if you are playing for a high school basketball team, you are already a winner.

If you missed the recent posts on boys and girls ratings, check them out through these links.
Class six girls are HERE:
Class six boys are HERE:

Class two girls are HERE:
Class two boys are HERE:

Class five boys are HERE:
Class five girls are HERE:

Class one boys are HERE:
Class one girls are HERE:

Class four girls are HERE:
Class four boys are HERE:

Class three boys are HERE:

Of course, the earliest ratings I posted are already outdated, with some major upheavals of top teams.



You wouldn't want to be in Class Three District 10 or 11 this year.  Is there something special about the water in Southern and Southwestern Missouri that builds strong girl's basketball teams?  

Both of those districts have an average team rating that is 20 points better than most of the other districts.  You could probably build a decent final four out of District 11 but, of course, that won't happen.  

Only one team will emerge from District 11 and that team most certainly starts with the letter "S".



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021