Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys class three basketball final ratings 3/13/2022

Updated 3/24/2022 

Higginsville almost proved Gramps wrong.  What?  I have been married nearly 52 years and have been wrong just about every time I argue with my lovely wife.  Maybe I was right about one or two times, that she actually admitted.  So @Higglcsports, you aren't telling me anything new.  In fact, in my ratings, I am wrong at least 10 or 20% of the time and I don't mind it.  So many teams are so, so close in ratings that you could have them play 10 times and they would split them 5-5.

That was the case with Lafayette County (Higginsville) and Charleston.  I did not have Lafayette County rated very high earlier this season until @Higglcports called me on it and I found a formula error in a reporting table that was not transferring over the correct rating from the raw calculation worksheet.  So I know this state championship game was going to be close.  I had Charleston rated 0.3 points better than Higginsville which I would call a "coin flip" game.  I still gave Charleston the nod and they edged Higginsville by just two points.  Play another nine times and Higginsville might win half of them.  They are that good.

Like the class two tournament, class three had some great games.  Charleston barely beat upstart Duchesne by three as Duchesne had a great late-season surge to surprise a bunch of teams.  Higginsville, or Lafayette County as MSHSAA refers to them, had two nail-biters with a five-point win over Thayer and a one-point victory over Mid-Buchanan.  Nice to see the class three tournament represented by the best teams, which one might not be able to say about classes four, five, and six where some of the best teams in the state ended up in the same district.  It was also gratifying for me, to see the teams I had rated highly all season (including the corrected rating for Lafayette County/Higginsville) end up in the final four and it did not hurt my feelings any to correctly "guess" (predict) nearly 90% of the class three district and state tournament winners.

So congrats to Charleston on picking up their first class three state championship since 2012, after finishing second, third, and second between 2018 and 2020.

Continued success to all you class three teams.

Here are the links to all of the final Missouri boys and girls basketball ratings:

Boys   All Boys Teams (by rank)  All Boys Teams (alphabetical)

Class One    Class Two    Class Three    Class Four    Class Five    Class Six

Girls   All Girls Teams (by rank)  All Girls Teams (alphabetical)

Class One    Class Two    Class Three    Class Four    Class Five    Class Six

Here are my final class three ratings:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021