Which Boys programs are improving - A four-year analysis of team ratings - 3/22/2022

 Last fall, I posted a blog about how Coach Eric Bennaka of Smithville was changing the culture at the school and in the community.  Eric's did improve over past years and nearly made a game of the district championship with William Chrisman.

I have been rating boys' teams since 2019 and have kept track of each team's progress.  There is a chance my ratings have crept up slightly over the four years but, if that was the case, then every team might show improvement.

I calculated the average of the four years of ratings and then took the rating for 2021-2022 and subtracted the average of 2019-2021 to get an "Improvement" score.  I posted the top "50" teams on my Twitter feed and have attached that picture below.  Sure enough, Coach Bennaka's Smithville squad has improved and his team seems to be on track for future success.  If you have not read Smithville's improvement plan, you should check it out HERE.

I also wrote about the Eureka girls and boys feed program that develops some great kids for a public school basketball program HERE:

I also have posted all 545 boys' teams below the top 50.  There are a number of small class teams that seem to be making progress.  Either that or I did not pay enough attention to them four years ago when I started rating teams.  You tell me, are these teams getting better?  I know Smithville has.

Here are the links to all of the final Missouri boys and girls basketball ratings:

Boys   All Boys Teams (by rank)  All Boys Teams (alphabetical)

Class One    Class Two    Class Three    Class Four    Class Five    Class Six

Girls   All Girls Teams (by rank)  All Girls Teams (alphabetical)

Class One    Class Two    Class Three    Class Four    Class Five    Class Six

I will get to the girls' teams next.


Here is the entire boy's list of teams rated by improvement over past years....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who's showing up tonight? A listing of Missouri Boys Basketball teams by Consistency

Gramps Braggin Rights Missouri Boys Class One Final Ratings 3/13/2022

Gramps Braggin' Rights Missouri Boy's Class Four Basketball Ratings by District - 2/10/2021